Contact Me / FAQs
Just a sec! Please note before sending your message:
- For book rights or blurbs, contact my literary agent Jim McCarthy of Dystel, Goderich & Bourret LLC.
- For film and TV rights, contact my film agent Mary Pender at United Talent Agency.
- My snail mail address is: P.O. Box 410341, Cambridge, MA 02141
- If you’d like to request an ARC of my next book, please contact my publisher instead. Details are in the first FAQ below.
- If you’re requesting an interview, please specify where it would be published.
- I can’t offer free 1:1 advice on how you can get published or market your book. Here’s why.
More FAQs are below! I look forward to reading your message and truly appreciate that you’re taking the time to reach out.
How can I get an ARC of Lying in the Deep?
eARCs: Available to request on Edelweiss here. Will be available for request on Netgalley soon!
Print ARCs for the media & trade publications: For U.S. media inquiries and publicity requests, please contact: email@example.com
Print ARCs for book bloggers: This time around, all requests for print ARCs must go directly through my publisher. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Subject line: “Penguin Teen Influencer Request – LYING IN THE DEEP”
- Your social media handle(s)
- Hyperlink to your account’s URL(s)
- Relevant statistics (subscriber counts, followers, etc.)
A note from PRH: Galley quantities are limited. We reserve the right to send galleys at our discretion. To ensure our compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we are not able to work with influencers who are below the age of 13. We only mail books domestically (within the continental U.S., Alaska, or Hawaii). If you are an international Book Influencer who is outside of the U.S. or Canada, please contact our international publicity team at email@example.com.
How can I join your reader group? (And where did your street team go?)
Click here to sign up for Diana Urban’s Thrill Seekers. Once you do, you’ll get an email with a link to the Facebook group and Discord, and you can join whichever you’d prefer (or both!).
This group was previously my street team, but as the team grew and I switched to a new publisher, I could no longer provide all members with early ARCs. It didn’t seem fair to continue the expectation that members promote my new book if they couldn’t even read it yet! Now this reader group is a more casual place for fun book chats and access to yours truly, since I pop in to the FB and Discord to answer questions and chat.
Will you be writing a sequel to All Your Twisted Secrets or These Deadly Games?
I’ll never say never, but right now I’m under contract for new standalones and have no plans to write sequels.
Are you open to blurb requests?
Since I’m on a very aggressive deadline, I am not currently open to new blurb requests. Thank you for understanding!
For all requests, please contact my literary agent Jim McCarthy of Dystel, Goderich & Bourret LLC.
I'd like to modify or cancel an order of your book. Can you help?
If you’d like to modify or cancel an order of one of my books, please contact the retailer from which you placed the order instead. In general, authors don’t have the ability to help with requests like this.
Can I ask you a question about BookBub?
I no longer work at BookBub, and would not want to lead you astray with outdated information! Please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org instead.
Are you available for hire as a marketing consultant or website designer?
No — since I’m on an aggressive deadline for my next novel, I am not currently offering freelance marketing services.